3 Powerful Mushrooms with Amazing Nootropic Benefits
Mushrooms aren’t just for tripping and hallucinating to turn reality upside down. Recent studies and research reveal species with amazing medical benefits for your brain and body.
This is a powerful nootropic you can take daily to regulate the immune system. It’s a bright red mushroom, sometimes referred as a “super mushroom”, and “mushroom of immortality”
The extracted formula is a better choice than eating the whole mushroom due to its tough and bitter taste.
Benefits of Reishi Extract
- Suppress the growth of breast cancer cells (1)
- Life span-extending properties (2)
- Anti-cancer properties (3)
- Protection against liver damage (extracted form) (4)
- Neuroprotective properties (5)
- Enhanced healing activity in wounds (7)
- Learning and memory can be enhanced
- Reduce neural cell death (8)
- Relieve cell injury
- Anti-depressant (extracted form)
- Protects the hippocampus
- Regulates blood sugar
- Useful for those who are under chemotherapy (9)
- Useful for those who get exposed to both airborne and consumable toxins, like alcohol
This is a very different looking mushroom with a taste similar to lobster or shrimp. According to Paul Stamets, a world leading medical mushroom expert.
Lion’s Mane stimulates the production of nerve growth factor (NGF), an important protein for maintenance and survival of brain cells.
Because of that, scientist now believes it can have effects on the nervous system and cognitive function.
Benefits of Lion’s Mane
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety (10)
- Anti-cancer (11)
- Neuroprotective (12)
- Supports the adrenal glands in the brain
- Improve memory and brain function
- Repairs myelin sheaths
- Lowers high cholesterol
Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry documented that the neuroprotective properties from Lion’s Mane were enriched when stacking it with garlic extract.
Neuroprotection was enhanced by 50%.
This stack also decreased p21 gene expression by 70%. A gene that’s “activated” when tumors are present in humans.
A medical mushroom that has been used for over 2,000 years. Each strain has different medical value, whereas Cordyceps Sinensis CS-4 strain is the best.
This mushroom has gained popularity in the fitness industry due to its effects on exercise performance. Soon you might see Cordyceps extract in vending machines at your local gym.
Cordyceps Sinensis CS-4 Benefits (13)
- Improve respiratory function (14)
- Increase cellular oxygen absorption by 40%
- Improve heart function
- Enhances the immune system
- Anti-aging properties
- Protects against free radical damage
- Improve endurance and stamina
- Combat sexual dysfunction (15)
- Improve sexual function
- Cancer prevention
- Improve kidney health
- Skin rejuvenating
Cordyceps is great for athletes, mountain climbers, or those who have a physically demanding job.
As you can tell, nature is enough for improving cognitive function.
Don’t believe me? Read about these powerful natural nootropics to improve cognitive function in other ways.
Photo: Lion’s Mane, taken by Melissa McMasters